Two-Day: Basic SEO Training
10 in stock
Afraid to check your position on Google?
Calm down! With the skills you learn in our Basic Two-Day SEO Training Course, you’ll begin to see improvements right away.
Benefits of attending our Two-Day Basic Course
At the SEO Essential Skills Workshop, as a beginner, you will have a thorough grounding in the basics of search engine optimization, which will get you started in using good practices and understanding of the tools. After you pass the final exam, you’ll receive certification showing that you’ve completed the modules and understand the concepts. Essential Skills Workshop Syllabus
The entire workshop is hands-on and personalized to you and your classmates. You’ll see demonstrations of real situations, hands-on practice of your own problems, and daily self-evaluations of each participant so we are sure you’re understanding everything.
Once you have completed this course, you will receive official certification from our program, and leave with a firm grasp of how to successfully connect to your customers through the Internet.
Class size is limited to a maximum of 10 students
Focus: Learn our step by step, stress free system for gaining top Web Visibility and Exposure
- 8:30 AM Registration
- Welcome and Introduction of Participants
- Two Day basic SEO training class overview
- Short vs. Long-tail Keywords
- Google Trends
- Keyword Planner
- Other KW Research Tools
- Title Tags
- Meta Description Tags
- Headline Tags (E.g. H1, H2, etc)
- Image Alt Attributes
- Understanding and Optimizing URLs
- Optimizing Page Elements for Conversion as Well as SEO
- Where to Place Your Keywords for the Best Balance Between SEO and Marketing (On Page Optimization)
By the end of Day 1, you will have a good grasp on how to perform Keyword Research, how to work with your content in the correct sequence of operations for maximum impact. You will have a good understanding of current on page influences as well as step-by-step methodology. You will have a chance to actually work on your pages in class and benefit from hands-on practice as well as direct coaching from Mitch.
Day 1 is the first part of all the Basic Essentials you need to know for creating genuine relevancy for the most important niche phrases. Day 1, concludes with an evaluation benchmarking your progress. All of your SEO questions pertaining to the Basic SEO essentials will be answered.
Day 2 picks up where Day 1 ends with the most effective ways of getting your pages indexed.
- Working in Ranges of Pages
- The Importance of Themes
- The Twin Pillars of SEO – Authority and Relevancy
- A Comparison of Various Types of Links
- Understanding the Nofollow Attribute
- Authority Site Links
- The Special Value of .EDU and .GOV Links
- New School Link Building: Link Bait and Attraction Link Building
- Cleaning up Bad Links
- Google Penguin and the Dangers of Artificial Link Schemes
- SEO Strategy for Cleaning Up Links
- The Power of Internal Links:
- Absolute Versus Relative Links
- HTML Sitemaps
- XML Site Maps
- How to Create Site Maps
- Directory Style Sitemaps
- How to Stay Out of Trouble with the Search Engines (Web Spam)
- Doorway Pages, Cloaking, Scraped Content and Other Shady Practices
- Blogging and SEO
- Why Blogging is So Effective for SEO
- Unjamming Writer’s Block: Creative Content Ideas for Blogging
- Elements of a Popular Blog Post
- Tips for Increasing Your Chances for Popular Posts
- WordPress and SEO
- Optimizing Your Blog Posts Using the Yoast SEO Plugin
- Blog Search Engines and Pinging
- Tools for Building a Blog and other Blog Resources
- Local SEO Keyword Research
- Optimizing for Multiple Locations
- Optimizing for a Single Location and Multiple Service Areas
- Google Maps
- Geographically Relevant Link Building for Local SEO
- Reviews, Their Importance, and How to Build Good Ones
- Common Local SEO Problems
- Each student has the opportunity to have their Web site reviewed
Here’s your chance to measure your progress and see how far you have come in just 2 days Answer questions, and student progress evaluation.
Basic Essentials SEO Certification Awards (for any 2 Day Participants)
By the end of Day 2 you will have a good understanding of how to optimize your pages manually as well as a sequence of our full 6 step system for optimization of Web pages. You will understand which search engines and directories should be focused on for best results. You will also have had a chance to have your Web site reviewed on the big screen with Mitch, as well as have a priority SEO action plan for you website that you can take home. The student has a good grasp of how to build link reputation and link popularity as well as an awareness of all of the ways that prevent you from being penalized accidently.
Earn 1.3 University Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the University of Southern Mississippi by completing the Basic Training Workshop! Many employers will pay for workshops and seminars when they can be taken for CEUs.